What is a Bridge over Implants?
A bridge over implants is a dental bridge attached to a series of dental implants. Implants are embedded deep into your jawbone to create a stable base for holding the bridge. Bridge-over implants become part of your mouth and provide an ideal solution if you want a hassle-free option for replacing missing natural teeth.
If you consider getting bridge-over implants, you will want to know about the procedure and benefits of this solution to determine whether it is ideal for your situation. This article focuses on providing the information you need to ensure when you see our dentist in Coral Springs, FL, you know what to expect to make an informed decision.
Procedure for Getting a Bridge over Implants
If you intend to get a bridge over implants, the first step is to schedule a meeting with the dental clinic near you to assess your suitability for the treatment. During the meeting, the dentist will:
- Examine your dental health and inquire into your physical health besides taking x-rays and CT scans of your mouth to determine whether you have sufficient healthy jawbone to support implants.
- The dentist also inquires whether you smoke, have uncontrolled diabetes, or have heart diseases that make you ineligible for the dental implant procedure.
- The assessment is essential to ensure implant placement does not fail after the surgical process.
- If you are eligible for a bridge over implants, the dentist creates a treatment plan specifically for you, providing comprehensive information about the procedure, healing time, and waiting time until you get your artificial teeth eventually.
- After the assessment and confirming eligibility criteria, the dentist schedules your appointment for dental implant placement.
- The dental implant placement process isn’t lengthy. It doesn’t require over a day because the experts complete the placement in one appointment after giving you local anesthesia in the mouth before cutting open your gums and drilling your jawbone to place the titanium post deep into your jawbone.
- As you return home after implant placement, you might experience soreness in the jaw and around your cheeks, which is expected after surgery. You also receive a prescription for painkillers or recommendations for over-the-counter pain relievers from the dentist to overcome your pain.
- Implants need three to six months to osseointegrate with your jawbone, after which you need another procedure to attach abutments to fix your artificial dental crown and bridge.
- The dental crowns are customized in a dental laboratory along with the bridge you need to replace your lost teeth. Your final appointment to have the bridges mounted on the dental implant completes your treatment from the dentist to replace your missing teeth.
Benefits of Getting a Bridge over Implants
Here are the benefits of a bridge over implants:
- If your priority is to have missing teeth replacements that appear, feel, and function like your natural teeth remain in your mouth for many years, you won’t find a better solution than a bridge over implants.
- Dental implants provide a stable foundation to act as your artificial tooth root when you decide to have a bridge over implants. One or multiple implants are permanently embedded into your jawbone to enable you to chew and bite as you did with your natural teeth.
- You never have to worry about the bridges or implants loosening or slipping like it is familiar with dentures.
- The stability of a bridge over implants helps you speak confidently without mumbling or slurring your words.
- If matters related to your appearance are concerned, present-day restorations using dental implants mimic the appearance of your natural teeth to ensure a Bridge over implant blends seamlessly with your smile.
- The Coral Springs dentist will spare the time and effort needed to ensure they give you a natural, beautiful, and appealing smile restoration.
- In addition, the implant prevents jawbone deterioration to enhance your facial features to deliver an attractive smile.
- Most importantly, bridge-over implants deliver a healthy smile without impacting your neighboring teeth.
- Unlike traditional bridges, these restorations don’t require tooth structure removal but function as independent restorations when replacing missing teeth.
- You can also avoid dental infections like cavities with a bridge over implants.
Caring for a Bridge over Implants
Caring for a bridge over implants is not challenging because so long as you follow appropriate dental hygiene practices by brushing twice daily, flossing once, using antibacterial mouthwash for rinsing, and getting six monthly dental prophylaxis, you ensure the bridge over the implant remains in your mouth for many years.
Visit a Dental Clinic Near You
If you are confronting the challenge of missing teeth and looking for a bridge over implants in Coral Springs, FL, Designer Smiles, FL, provides a bridge over implants that can satisfy your desire. Scheduling a consultation with our practice will help you get a stable and durable restoration to replace your lost teeth and regain mouth functionality.